When we have a business and it starts to prosper, we wnat to know the value that it is acquiring in the market. That same concern occurs with websites. We need to know the value of our website.
Websites, like a business, must be maintained, adjusted to the needs of customers, dedicate a large part of our time and invest money in everything that can be reverted to greater benefits, as an example: develop an effective online Marketing strategy, to achieve a higher search engine positioning and online reputation.
Factors that allow you to know the value of a website.
There are several factors that you should know:
- Volume of visits: number of visitors who come to your website daily.
- Quality of the visits: The visits must be qualified, that is, that the visitors that come to our website are potential customers. Avoid counting garbage visits.
- Pages visited: number of pages viewed during visits.
- Bounce rate: visitors who enter and then leave.
- Positioning Report or PageRank:
– Number of links directed to our website.
– The quality of the links directed to our website.
- Advertising: the amount of potential advertising revenue, even if no ads have been placed.
- Social Networks: traffic on social networks, number of followers and clicks.
- Domain authority: this refers to the domain and popularity of a website.
- Content Quality: The relationship between the keyword and the content.A quality, original and useful content that is what gives the web true value.
- Number of pages on the site: The number of pages the site has will also influence your estimate.
- Structure and functionalities: Depending on the type of site in question, its structure and complexity will be. A blog does not have the same value as a commercial website with a payment gateway integrated to a single provider, vs. a website that has several providers that expand the possibilities and payment methods of users. In the same way it happens with the breadth of cross-selling promotion, upsales, retargeting, subscriptions, coupons, etc. Each of which significantly increases the value of the website.
Other factors to consider are those related to:
- The strength of your trademark: if there is a well-associated and positioned brand in its sector, this is a very important element of value.
- Age of the website: the more time the website has on the market, the more content it has generated and its own community will be created.
- Website potential: a website located in an important industry that aims to continue expanding as a trend will have a greater value.
- The web niche: depending on the web niche, this will be the cost of campaigns, so if your website works a highly profitable niche, its value will be higher.
- Other expenses incurred on the web: maintenance, redesign, hosting migrations, plugin changes, etc.
- Domain Valuation: Estimated value of the domain according to its length, keywords used and extension. (com, net, org, edu, etc)
How to determine the monetary value of your website?
If you are interested in knowing the monetary value of your website, following tools will be very useful:
- Worth Of Web (https://www.worthofweb.com/calculator/)
It is recommended that you use as much precise tools as you need to achieve more complete an accurate information.
It is of great value that you try to raise the quality of the contents of your website, if you have already started a blog. If you have not already done so, we recommend that you do it as quickly as possible. If you have to help yourself from other sources and authors, that does not detract from your value. The most important thing is that they are original, and very useful, so that your business can thrive quickly, safely and with a resounding success.